The Ultimate Android™ Tablet for Families Has Finally Arrived. Meet Techno Source’s Kurio7!
Developer’s Description: Techno Source’s Kurio7, an advanced Android-based, 7” multi-touch-screen Wi-Fi-enabled tablet, is the ultimate tablet for families. It’s a real Android tablet that allows kids to access the content they want, while giving parents complete control over everything from internet access and time control, to app access and purchasing control.
Parents can create up to eight different user profiles, including ones for themselves with no restrictions, giving age-appropriate access to each family member. Kurio7 has an advanced exclusive content based filtering system that provides accurate and always updated protection, covering more than 450 million web sites in 170 different languages. It uses black lists that allow parents to block specific websites and inappropriate terms, as well as white lists that allow parents to identify sites that are appropriate for their child.
The Kurio app store will launch with 4,000 Android Market apps approved for children under the age of 14. The apps will have no in-game advertising or micro-transactions. Designed for heavy use by kids and teens, Kurio7 comes with a durable, protective shell available in a variety of colors.
– Full, ad-free premium versions of 6 of the top games worldwide – Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Doodle Jump, Where’s my Water?, and World of Goo
– Safe Browser – Working together with the Kurio Interface and software by CronLab, an
– 6 Mr. Nussbaum Educational Games – Developed by a leading US based educator tailored to children in 1st through 8th grade
– Aldiko Premium – E-Reader and E-Bookstore app, the most downloaded E-Reader in the Android Marketplace
– Meegenius – The #1 App for Children’s Books, includes 24 stories & fairytales.
– Toon Goggles – Children’s multimedia entertainment app, includes an unlimited amount of child and parent friendly cartoons available to watch for free!
– 5 Additional Games and 3 Coloring Apps
Cost: MSRP: $199
Author: Techno Source, a division of LF Products (a company of Li & Fung Limited)
Unlike so many kids tablets that are limited in power and functionality, Techno Source’s Kurio7 is a full fledged Android tablet that is designed to grow with your child. The tablet packs in a 7″ display, a 1.5GHz processor, HDMI out, built-in Wi-Fi, and a webcam. The tablet also comes preloaded with parental control software that includes comprehensive content control and time management features.
Pros: Also works as a fully functional Android 4.0 tablet, comes bundled with full versions of popular games, priced competitively at just $199
Cons: Display is mediocre, plenty of competition is on the way
– Helena Stone